Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PERFECT RELECTION

 I started  off walking  at my leisure today, criss crossing down the hill to the old log swing. Once there  and seeing the view of the lake and how it  perfectly reflected  the clouded sky,  I was immediatley awed and    loudly inhaled, as one might gasp when pleasantly surprised.  I wanted to take a picture and was frustrated I left my camera at the house ; The best I could do was   turn around and  hurry back   as fast as I could towards home to grab  the Nikon. So that's what I did.  

A short time later , with sore knees and labored breath, I  returned  to the swing  to get my  picture; To capture forever the  natural beauty my eyes beheld.

The separation of earth and sky seemed to oblivate and melt into one.  Only the slow passage of a single  small boat seemed to differenciate where one ended and the other begun.  I couldn't help but ponder if the captain and his crew saw what I saw, and was reminded of  Field's  Dutch Lullaby " Wynken, Blynken, and Nod".

No comments:

Post a Comment