Monday, February 15, 2010

Glorious Handiwork

I sat on the old log swing today, gently swaying back and forth and  saw a different view of the lake from yesterday and the day before. It was a   calm, tranquil water,  deep gray  in color;  Shaded light to dark, a single  ray of pearly white  separating the two. The sky overhead , a lovely robin egg blue.

The ground all around was muddy and wet, not from melting snow like last year and the year before, but from every day February  rain .  The rocky , rounded terrain close to the rim is covered with  green moss. I've never walked the moors of  Scotland, but imagine this is what they might look like.

After a while, I stop the motion of the swing and sit  perfectly still.  I heard no sound, only the quiet all about me. Not a wisp of breeze, the tall trees stand silent, unmoving - like guardsmen at the  Queen's gate.

Beautiful. Serene. I ponder the natural artistry that surrounds me,  and am moved to pray out loud and joyously proclaim David's psalm from of old , " The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims His handiwork".

No comments:

Post a Comment