Friday, May 29, 2009

50% OFF

I always look forward to the 50% Off sale every Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul's thrift shop in Coeur d Alene. The sale price isn't just for a few selected items, but for every piece of merchandise in the store. There are some great bargains to be found. I'm never sure what's going to turn up as I browse through clothing racks,housewares,furniture,record albums and books; but I know I'll always find something interesting. Like being on a treasure hunt, this exercise requires focus and perseverance until locating some hidden cache. After mapping out sections of the store to search thru mounds of stuff, I experience the thrill of exhilaration and excitement when my eyes finally light upon that one special thing, whatever it might be.

Yesterday it was a 1930's bedroom chair with a classic print upholstery from that era. When I asked the sales clerk the cost and she responded $20., I knew I found my treasure. But that wasn't all ! A few minutes later I spotted a professionally framed Bunny Hop print by artist Jane Mason Burke for four dollars. The rectangular size and periwinkle blue backdrop would be perfect with the 1930's bedroom chair. Scurrying down one aisle and across another I quickly made my way to the other side of the room, claimed the print and dropped it in my cart.

Two other fun finds were a new Voit made in the USA softball and a turquoise rosary marked Rome 1950. Now I'm all set to pray and play while the Bunny Hop print and chair make a charming addition to our main floor guest room.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, When I do get to come and visit with you we have to go to St Vincent De Paul on a Wednesday! Your article make me want to go there and find my own treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you willing to sell your Bunny Hop print by Jane Mason Burke, or can you guide me to another one? Thank you. I have it, but it was not protected from the sun by the special glass. I wish I need how to recolor it. Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete