Sunday, May 30, 2021

This Day - 11 Years Ago

  Memorial Day Weekend. My brother, Walt passed away 11 years ago today - May 30, 2010. He was 55 yrs. old. Eleven years ago, my Mother and husband still here. Together we worked through the heartbreak; the sadness, the suddenness, the shock of losing Walt. A loss never to overcome, but to accept. 

Walt was 4 years younger, and would eventually grow taller than me - but he would always be my little brother. One I doted on, protected (if anyone ever said a word I thought diminished Walt in any way, they would have my wrath to deal with), and loved.  Walt and I not only siblings , but also good friends. A blessing to both of us. 

                                                          


Recently on Facebook I posted a slideshow my brother made from our Mother’s 70th birthday party.  Walt captured the fun, happy time we had through the many photos, and music he compiled.  It had tickled my brother I had been doing some weightlifting at Iron Mike’s , a gym near my home in Bonners Ferry. Ok, sis, he prompted me again and again,  flex your muscles . Then he’d strike a pose to show me what to do. Like I was getting ready to compete for a national trophy in a muscle building contest. Mother and Gary and friends,  Jim and Patty laughing in the background at our silly antics . It was that visit Walt and I straddled concrete deer in front of the drug store at Lewiston Mall.  Making us laugh  right out loud.   

                                          


I miss my brother. And now my Mother and Gary, too. The sound of their voices, their happy laughter, us being together , and all we shared. Not just Memorial Day weekend, but every day all year through. 

          

1 comment:

  1. So beautifully said, Kathy. Walt was a sweet boy and a sweet man. And so handsome too.

    ReplyDelete