Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter Beauty






Yesterday wind and sleet noisily slashed against the  shutters and awning outside our home,  rattling windows and doors.   Swoosh, swoosh, swash. I was reminded of the classic tale of the big bad wolf  huffing and puffing trying to blow down the house of each little pig . Thankful my house wasn't made of twigs or straw.

Today there is no wind. The  slow falling snow is soft and quiet. A peaceful snow blanketing the earth like a freshly laundered white cotton  sheet covering a newly made bed.  Deer gently stride by - their backs speckled with fluffy snowflakes.   I should be doing chores - dusting, cleaning, sweeping the floor but I'm caught in a trance, watching  the wonder of nature's winter beauty



4 comments:

  1. Made me feel as though I was there! I can relate to the beauty you are seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Frani ! The beauty of God's nature always awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. So enjoyable to read!

    jm

    ReplyDelete