Friday, April 24, 2020

my Mother (Lenora Cooney) April 24


Loyal and true
Steadfast and kind
Generous of self
( she was always 
giving of her time and talent to 
someone in need 
a listening ear, an encouraging word,
a caring deed)
my Mother
So easy to laugh 
and have a good time
Ever hopeful and full of joy 
my Mother
Hard working, persevering
steady at the helm, calm in a storm
She weathered great sorrow 
Trusting  the Lord
was always near, 
and imparted that to 
me and my brother 
We knew her faithful,
unconditional  love for us 
( in sacrifices made, she didn’t complain)
She gave us joy of life,
and her sweet self 
my Mother 

Happy (Heavenly) Birthday, Mama
I love you so very much, always and forever 

Your daughter, Kathy

* photo of Mother & grandson, Gavin 1984

No comments:

Post a Comment