Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Beauty All About Me

I may not live here forever, perhaps a time will come when I have to leave this place - but for the moment,  I delight in the beauty of my surroundings - nature at its best.
A forest of evergreen trees circle round our north Idaho home, like a fortress protecting the King's crown; There is the shimmery glimmer of Lake Coeur d Alene not far in the distance, and the sway of a gentle breeze,  like a breath of  life moving  across  the land. I see a Red Tail hawk fly low in the sky, while two Blue Jays, brilliant in color perch on the feeder hanging from the limb of a fir nearly 100 years old. I watch white tail deer follow one another over wooded trails , and a hen turkey lead her brood of eight through a thicket of   brush. It is peaceful and quiet, like the sacredness of a sanctuary. I am reminded of the Biblical verse  Psalm 24:1 The earth is the Lord's ,and its fullness, and am grateful for the bounty He shares.

  

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written, Kath. We should all be more aware of God's beauty around us.

    ReplyDelete