Saturday, July 23, 2011

Daytime Moon, Summer Sun

The fiery sun is  too bright to
look at straight away, even
with my sunglasses on
The heat of the sun, on this
nearly cloudless day is hot
against my skin as i work
a landscape project, lining
up bricks and setting 12 x 12
stone squares in sand
i wipe my brow, and
glance upward - The sun, still slowly
moving on its path from east
to west will soon be
directly overhead
What grabs my attention                      
isn't the normality of the
summer sun,  but the unusual                                                    
daytime moon, propped like a soft,
white halo resting high  above                    
age-old  trees

2 comments:

  1. I copied this picture to my Blackberry but alsas, the moon is not visible when I made it my wallpaper photo. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writings are a work of art!!!! JM

    ReplyDelete