Monday, March 7, 2011

Thumbnail Drive

Since my brother's death last May, I'm thankful Kerri and I have remained close.  We text and  talk about television programs and movies we both watch; We talk  about the  weather, work, and other happenings of the day, and  in between  remember  Walt. The thumbnail drive Kerri sent arrived in the mail today.

I hear his voice
and see his face
throwing a Frisbee to his 
dog B
He looks like I remember him,
and acts like he always did;
Unpretentious and jovial,
having fun with life.
If only I could reach out 
to touch his arm,
stand by his side
and throw the Frisbee, too
and laugh together like
we used to do

(But my little  brother
 isn't here, not
 of this world,
 not anymore near;  So I slide
the mouse to  move the cursor
on the screen,  and click 'replay' -
then I see  the blue
of his eyes,  his smile,
and charming style  over and
 over again)

No comments:

Post a Comment