Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Snow, Seasons, Missy & Spring

Okay.  So I was wrong last week to pack away my snow shoes, winter pants and poles thinking spring was just around the corner.  I had been  fooled by  mild weathered  days,  and sunshine.  Not today. The calendar says March first, but it feels a lot more like January one.   No sun.  No puffy, fluffy cotton like clouds. No hint of blue sky.  Only grey and cold and lots of white - covering the ground like a blanket on a bed.  I'm beginning to think spring in north Idaho might not arrive until summer!  But I'm adaptable.   So once again, out come the snow shoes, poles and winter pants.  I whistled for Missy dog and off we went to forge a path across knee high snow.
 Missy enjoys being outside as much as I do.  Sometimes she takes off to cut her own trail, but when snow is deep, like today,  she  follows  behind me in the ruts I've made packing the snow down with my Yukon Jack's.   I pause and stop along the way to look up and around, awed by the total quiet and beauty of this place.  I offer a prayer of praise, thanking God for seasons and snow and  know when I take this walk in May, I  will think again of the beauty of the season, thankful for spring - warm, sunny days, and flowers in bloom.


No comments:

Post a Comment