Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Dream

I had a dream last night I was on the basketball court,  like in the days of my  early youth - pivoting to the left, pivoting to the right,  doing lay ups and shooting baskets .  Not  being very tall, the coach called me "Little One",  but quick and agile I moved the ball  like I was tall , and helped our team to score.  It was so long ago I  first learned to play; Girls baskeball still had a  'roving' guard.  This would be my favorite sport, from  elementary days all through high school. I loved playing basketball and being a basketball star.

Just as season's change, the sport of my dream changed, too - no longer on the basketball court, I was now holding a volleyball , standing behind the line ready to serve.  Like basketball, I played on a Volleyball team from the age of 12 , living and breathing every minute of it.  If basketball was my favorite sport, volleyball was a close second.  Still considered  the same short player, I wasn't picked for the team because of my height or being a good spiker, but  because I was good setter and very good server, placing the ball where I wanted it to go.  My body  strong. Athletic. Competitive. I was a good team player.

Then came mornng. I woke from my dream to  aching feet, a bad back and sore knees.  Slow to climb out of bed, I smiled anyway, thinking of  my dream and remembering   the day ...............

2 comments:

  1. Reading your blog helps to give me enjoyment and peace. Thank You so much for being the writer that you are. JM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, girls basketball. I remember those days. It was way back when all my body parts worked without complaining. Kathy, thank you again for a walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete