Monday, September 28, 2009

The Woods and a Watercolor


It's late and I'm tired. My husband is already asleep and Diana, a favorite friend visiting this week from Lake Forest is getting ready for bed. I feel compelled to post on my blog before I do the same, but am unsure of what words to write, thoughts to convey or story to tell.

I think about the weather and how lovely it was to be outside today ; To walk in the woods with my friend and feel the fresh pine scented air brush against my skin. My eyes were drawn to the glimmer of the lake as the deep, dark blue water twinkled in the sunlight. Nature's bling. White billowy clouds provided a canopy for earth's changing colors, and gave moments of shade for a hen turkey leading her long line of hatchlings single file acrosss the brush cut land.

This afternoon Diana presented me with one of the water colors she painted. Such a loving gift and so beautiful ! I wrote about this painting in an earlier blog, how I admired it. It is of two women walking together down a country road , not unlike a country road here in north Idaho. It's raining and the pair share a red umbrella. I imagine the two are friends like Diana and me. Friends comfortable together, who talk about things important to each of them; Friends who listen to one another not only with their ears, but with their heart.

Diana's painting now hangs in a prominent place on my dining room wall and is worth more to me than any Picasso, Pissaro or Renoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment