Thursday, April 16, 2009

MORNING SUNSHINE (and a little cereal, too)

What a difference a day makes. Monday we woke to cool temperatures and snow; this morning the sun is shining and skies are blue . The clean, fresh air feels good against my face. From our deck I can see the shimmer on the lake and watch a mama deer and her two fawn manuever their way thru the tall pines. I'm touched by the simple scene; if I were an artist I'd want my paints and brush to capture on canvas for all time, to share with the world. Except for the flitter of a Jay landing on a nearby branch, it is quiet; peaceful. I take a deep breath, exhale and know at this moment , in my little corner of north Idaho all is bright and beautiful .

Later, coming into the house I headed straight for the coffee pot. Both my husband and I drink decaf, but I like mine stronger than he does. For years we used Starbucks Verona, but a few months ago was turned onto "Peet's Decaf Major Dickason's. Even though we like the rich, complex taste we tweeked it by mixing with Kirkland's dark roast, something we now call, "Dobbs' Blend". For you decaf drinkers, this has a good flavor - but the real benefit is we get more for the buck and our coffee lasts longer.

I mix my cereal, too. Which moves me to a question my friend Phyllis emailed yesterday asking me to please (and she underlined the word please) tell her what cereal I ate in the morning. Her question made me think of one of those crazy tests always popping up on the internet to name our favorite this n' that. Then after answering, it identifies some odd and unique personality type. Oh, oh. Now I'm wondering what it may show about my personality that Cheerios remains my cereal of choice. Even though I mix cereals - kind of like a tossing a salad - by adding a few spoonfuls of Post's Honey Bunches of Oats and/ or other Cheerio's: MultiGrain Cheerios, Honey-Nut Cheerios, and the new naturally flavored Banana Nut Cheerios. Now, here's a good question. "Does mixing different Cheerios together count as different cereals or not"?

Well, enough about decaf and cereal. Time now for house chores and laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment