Tuesday, November 16, 2021

The Wind Storm, and Pondering ….

                                                                                   

                                                                          

 A mighty wind storm tonight. It’s gusts billowing through the trees, the sound of broken branches snapping, cracking, falling to the ground. There’s a tapping, clanking noise at the outside door, like someone knocking wanting to come in; The windows rattle while backyard chimes sway, making music, like a melodic song. I’m reminded of Dylan’s famous lyrics  how many miles must a man (woman) walk down? The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. I listen. And wait. And wonder. But to me the answers not clear. The wind with its whistling, harrowing, sometimes unsettling sound. Swift and powerful. Then a lull and all is quiet. Eerie. Especially in the dark of night. Yet, peaceful. I warm my back in front of the fireplace. And ponder.  The times of our life passes so quickly by. And we’re left with only photographs, and the memory of, if we’re lucky. Of loved ones we spent a lifetime with now gone. Of family and friends we’ve known since childhood, and other dear ones more recent. How do I make a difference? Especially to those I love. By choosing to be kind. Forgiving. To hold no malice, but to understand. To lend a hand, to share a smile. To give to another what so many have given me. A listening ear and time.  So what did I learn this windy night? The answer, my friend isn’t blowing in the wind, but in the quiet of our heart.


1 comment: