Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Cruelness of Death


Oh, death! How cruel you are. Taking from us the ones we love.
The sound of their voice, the touch of their hand, the smell of them.
My mothers laugh, her words of wisdom, her good counsel and
good cheer.
Oh, death ! How cruel you are robbing me of the one
who gave me life and brought me into the world. My first friend,
my best friend, who loved me unconditionally, without reserve,
with her whole being. Who showed me God's grace by the
way she lived, and treated others.
Oh, death ! How cruel you are to break  my heart and cripple
my spirit leaving me without my confident, the one who
brought calm, and comfort to my every day; and so much
joy to friends and family.
Oh, death ! But wait. You're not the end. You can't win.
Because of Christ and His cross and resurrection, His
promise of eternal life , assuring us we'll see our
loved ones again

i love you, Mama

2 comments:

  1. How true...and your mom would appreciate this blog. Especially because you ended it as it should be...death doesn’t win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Cathy, so eloquently stated.

    ReplyDelete