Monday, December 31, 2012

NEW YEAR'S EVE 2012

The last day of the year - 2012.  Some who trusted in  the Mayan prophecy  believed this date would never be. I can't help but wonder   how many doomsday scenarios and end of the world predictions have been proclaimed through the years.   I take comfort in the Lord's word to us in Scripture, 'Only God knows the day and hour."

For me, the onset of this day wasn't much different than any other day, except a quiet knowledge,  and silent reflection that another year was ending - a new year soon to begin. I busied myself with usual things - washing dishes, laundry, and after Christmas chores - putting away Santa's and taking down the tree. I took time to browse  through favorite books, share  a hamburger with my husband and watch  a classic movie , After The Thin Man on TCM.  I called my mother, and chatted with my son, Gavin about the high's and low's of his new job, and read a note from my father about his Christmas Day. I hung a picture my grand-daughter, Emily  drew of her Grandpa and me on our refrigerator door, and smiled.


I  thought of those no longer here, and cried, and reflected on life's moment's , both big and small , so grateful for family and friends who color my life with joy - this past year and every year. 

4 comments:

  1. What a way to end a year by reading a story by my favorite author...thank you for making it always so enjoyable. Looking forward to what you write in 2013

    jm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a peaceful ending to a good year. Looking forward to spending 2013 in your good company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always inspired by what you write!! Here is to 2013!!

    Patty B. :)

    ReplyDelete