Sunday, December 5, 2010

On Eagle's Wings



i've accepted
but don't  comprehend
i've acknowledged
but can't yet perceive
my brother now six
months dead
i only know my heart still aches
in wanting to hear his voice,
see his face
To remember together
our growing up years
the special bond of
friendship shared

As i pondered my sadness
at what i lost
and sorely bemoaned
other cares of the day
i looked out my window
to  see a pair of  bald eagles
majestic and beautiful
sweep  across the sky;
then pause mid air,  and back again
as beckoning me outside -
While on the deck i saw
more clearly their
feathered wings spread
wide,  high above
evergreen trees, their great
white head and golden eye.
Flying high, back and forth
hovering the earth  below - i was reminded
of my favorite sacred song,
 "On Eagle's Wings, " the
one cousin Kim sang at my
brother's funeral

 "And He will raise you up on eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you shine like the sun,
and hold you in the palm of His hand"

i reflected further, and recalled a
prayer of several months ago
hearing the Lord speak to
the quiet of my heart:
"I am with your brother,
and he is with Me".
So i believe. i am  calm,
my spirit still. i don't see
my brother now, but trust
again i will.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Kath- that's just beautiful- thank you for sharing this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So moving Kathy . . .beautifully said. Right before I sat down to look at your blogspot this evening I was thinking of Margaret--her brother Bill's birthday is tomorrow and it will be a rough day for her. And now, I read this beautiful piece about your brother. I realize how blessed all of us gals are (we Bell Beauties) to have been reunited again at this time of our lives, sharing the good times as well as the sad times. I love you Kathy and I know your brother is protected and in a very special place . . .and you are too, surrounded by family and friends that love and care for you always! Thanks again for sharing this special writing with us.

    ReplyDelete