Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Snowshoeing at Twilight





     It was late , twilight, when I went out snowshoeing today. The landscape,  with its soft shadows and shaded hues was especially lovely. I made several tracks across smooth white snow before I stopped to take in the magnificence of the trees all about me. They stood  perfectly still, not even  the slightest breeze brushing their piney branches. All was  quiet, peaceful,  not a sound could be heard, except my own breathing in and out.  I couldn't seem to move, like I was  locked in place,   as though the silence held me captive. My thoughts slowly  shifted from the challenges of my day to something more lofty and grand. A prayer of thanksgiving escaped my lips, grateful for God's creation so wonderfully displayed in nature 




3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Thank You! Your writings alway touch my heart.



    jm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Kath....feel like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's late here and as I was reading your post I was putting myself in your (snow)shoes...beautifully written Kathy. Thanks for sharing. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete